“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
for the rights of all who are destitute.”
– Proverbs 31:8-9
A Child’s Voice is a registered non-profit 501(c)(3) in the USA. Child Advocacy Africa is a registered NGO in the country of Uganda. Together, we strive toward the same mission to advocate for the protection and rights of orphans and vulnerable children through social policy, education and family support.
A Child’s Voice is a social policy organization based on Hague and Alternative Care guidelines for the care of children. We advocate for positive change in child welfare laws, particularly in Uganda, with the intention of spreading these principles to the rest of Africa.
Some of our objectives:
· To protect children from finding themselves placed in alternative care unnecessarily.
· To ensure that out-of-home care for children is provided in appropriate conditions and in response to the child’s rights, needs and best interests.
· To advocate for orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs) and ensure that every institutionalized child is taken care of in accordance with the law.
· To support efforts to keep children in, or return them to, the care of their family. If these endeavors fail, we advocate to find other appropriate and permanent solutions for children, which includes adoption.
· To ensure that the most suitable forms of alternative care are identified and provided for children while permanent solutions are being sought, under conditions that promote the child’s full development.
· To assist and encourage the Government of Uganda to better implement its responsibilities and obligations in these respects, bearing in mind the economic, social and cultural conditions prevailing.
· To guide policies, decisions and activities of all concerned with social protection and child welfare in both the public and the private sectors, including civil society.